Kyte is the online and mobile video platform for Live and on-demand content.
You can upload videos (in any supported format) to skype and later fetch video
with your desired extensions (mp4, mov …etc.). You can also get customize the
size of video and get video thumbnails etc.
The whole point of using Kyte is that it has got a list of APIs that deals with your
Some of the very basic advantages I see here is:
- You don’t have to upload video to your own server – save disk space
- Don’t have to write custom script to convert media to you desired extensions.
- Don’t have to deal with media size, height, width etc.
- Don’t have to worry about how to generate media thumbnail image.
When it comes to implementing it for your Iphone you need to just dig around the right API
method and implement it.
Here are the few steps you need to do
- Use your api key and signature to get server timestamp.
Note: the api signature needs to be in the exact format given in the api documentation.
- Once you get the server timestamp, create a new api signature and use it for fetching
data from other api services.
- Authenticate with your login id to get user ticket.
- You can fetch the media url for Iphone by requesting fetchTranscodedUrlservice with
transcodeType = “MOBILE_VIDEO” and extension “mp4″